AVA Clinic is a leading fertility clinic in Baltic and Nordic countries and is part of the EUGIN International chain of clinics specializing in infertility and family planning.
The first clinic of the AVA Clinic chain was opened in 1993, and from then on AVA clinic has become part of the global EUGIN chain of clinics specialising in infertility, family planning, pregnancy monitoring problems and genetic embryology.
AVA Clinic in Riga, Latvia was opened in 2005. For more than 25 years now, our professionals have been achieving excellent results in their daily work even in the most complex cases – thanks to their professional skills, long-term experience and trust of patients and colleagues.
In 2023, the clinic opened its doors in new, renovated premises at Baznīcas 20/22, 5th floor, which allowed not only the expansion of the range of reproductive services, but also the design of a new embryological laboratory using modern embryo observation methods using artificial intelligence, and we have also improved and have improved the possibilities of genetic diagnostics of embryos.
The clinic was the first in Latvia and the Nordic countries to introduce the newest system for identifying patients and their genetic material, which provides additional control over the stages of the medical fertilization procedure.
For several years now, network specialists have been achieving high results in their work, even in the most complex and non-standard cases, thanks to their professionalism, long-term experience and the trust of patients and colleagues. Thanks to close ties with network colleagues, clinic specialists have a unique opportunity to treat patients together with colleagues from other countries in Europe, America and Canada.
The high qualifications of specialists, the latest equipment and modern technologies and methods used in their work, and the attentive and sensitive attitude of the clinic staff to each patient are the determining factors for the successful treatment of infertility and solving the existing problem.
In our work, we closely adhere to the requirements of Latvian legislation and ISO 9000:2015 and LVS NE ISO 151489:2013 quality management standards. Time is an important factor in infertility treatment, and we propose prompt and reliable solutions and customised infertility packages.
AVA clinic is a pioneer in the implementation of new services and technologies in diagnostics and infertility treatment in Baltic countries and Nordic Europe:
- the first who implemented vitrification as a method of freezing embryos and oocytes;
- the first who started to offer to the patients oocyte freezing procedure to postpone motherhood or in case if some diseases ( for example, oncology);
- the first who offer you the GERI time-lapse system monitoring of embryos within 24 hours with separate chambers for every individual patient;
- the first who started the treatment using donor eggs in Latvia;
- the first fertility clinic that started treatments with donor eggs;
- the first fertility clinic that started treatments with donor eggs;
- the first who implemented preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy ( PGT-a) with the Next Generation Sequencing ( NGS) method for embryos.
Experience and Medical Staff at AVA Clinic
Dr Jaroslavs Lakutins is the Medical Director of AVA Clinic, one of the largest and leading Latvian IVF centres. Dr Lakutins obtained his MD in 1998 and his obstetrics and gynaecology degrees in 2002 at the Stradina Medical University in Riga, Latvia. Since 2002 he has been working as a consultant in gynaecology and reproductive medicine. He is a clinical faculty member in obstetrics and gynaecology (subspeciality in reproductive medicine) at the Latvian University, Latvia.
He is also a board member of the LCRB (Latvian Society of Human Reproduction), a member of the BFS (Baltic Fertility Society) and ESHRE (European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology).
His main interest areas are endometrial receptivity, ovarian ageing and ovarian stimulation regimens. The doctor can provide consultations in English, German, Russian, and Latvian.
AVA Clinic Treatment Options
- Complex infertility examination and diagnostics for heterosexual couples and single women
- Artificial reproductive technologies
- IUI (intrauterine insemination)
- Ovulation induction
- BC (blastocyst cultivation)
- Time-lapse incubator EmbryoScope/ GERi incubator
- ERA test, EMMA/ ALICE tests, EndomeTRIO
- PRP therapy for endometrium
- Assisted hatching
- Treatment with donor’s eggs and sperm ( double donation can be offered too)
- Preimplantation genetic embryo examination to detect chromosomal abnormalities ( PGT-A/ PGT-M/ PGT-SR)
- Vitrification and storage of genetic material (oocytes, sperm, embryos)
- Fertility preservation for oncological patients
High Success Rates
AVA Clinic’s team of professionals, proven technologies and the latest equipment help us to achieve excellent results in infertility treatment and family planning. Our rate of successful pregnancies is 73% (cumulative result). We have performed 10,000 artificial insemination treatments. More than 3,500 babies have been born thanks to specialists at our clinics.
- IUI (intrauterine insemination) – € 330 euro
- AID (artificial insemination with donor) – € 880
- IVF with own eggs – € 3,040 ( egg collection, general anaesthesia, sperm sample preparation, embryo cultivation till Day 3, embryo transfer)
- IVF with Donor Eggs – € 6,450 ( donor examination, selection, preparation, egg collection, general anaesthesia, sperm sample preparation, embryo cultivation till Day 3, embryo transfer)
- Medical consultation – € 100
- Extended culture to blastocyst – € 400
- Sperm freezing + storage – € 350 + € 300 of storage
- Egg freezing + storage – € 2,300 + € 300 per year of storage
- Social freezing (egg collection + storage) – € 2,300 + € 300 per year of storage
- Embryoscope – € 390
- Frozen embryo transfer – € 1,250
- Donor sperm – € 550 euro
- Genetic Testing – PGT-A/PGS starts from € 470 per cycle
From the staff
Over the past few years, our network specialists have consistently delivered outstanding results, excelling even in the most intricate and unconventional cases. Their success is attributed to a combination of professionalism, extensive experience, and the unwavering trust of both patients and colleagues. The close-knit relationships within our network present a unique advantage, allowing our specialists the exceptional opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from various countries in Europe, America, and Canada. This collaborative approach enhances our ability to provide comprehensive and world-class care to our patients, says Dr Jaroslavs Lakutins, the Medical Director.
The breakdown of patients’ nationalities per previous year of operation. We are providing services to citizens of Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Lithuania, Estonia, Switzerland, the USA, Spain and surely local patients from Latvia.
Situated in the heart of the city, close to the Old Town, the clinic underwent a transformation in 2023. It embraced a new chapter in freshly renovated premises at Baznīcas 20/22, 5th floor. This move not only facilitated an expansion of our array of reproductive services but also paved the way for a cutting-edge embryological laboratory. Leveraging modern embryo observation methods through artificial intelligence, we’ve stepped up our game. Additionally, we’ve enhanced the capabilities of genetic diagnostics for embryos, bringing you the latest in fertility care.