Scandinavia AVA-Peter


Book online consultation

Package cost

IVF €2490

Egg donation €7290

Basic information about IVF treatment at Scandinavia AVA-Peter.

Maximum age of the woman: 51
Single woman: allowed
Lesbian couples: allowed
HIV positive patients: allowed
HCV/HBV positive patients: allowed
HCV/HBV positive patients: allowed

AVA-Peter is a group of fertility clinics. The first clinic in Finland was opened in 1987 and the first clinic in Saint-Petersburg was opened in 1992. The clinic performs 7,182 treatment cycles per year; 1,151 cycles are egg donation cycles and 1,852 cycles are IVF cycles. The clinic in Sankt-Petersburg has two IVF laboratories, one operating theatre, and three single en-suite recovery rooms.

Medical Team

AVA-Peter employs experienced medical staff. The Medical Director is Dr. Trofimova who has 30 years of medical experience. There are four doctors at the clinic, excluding the Medical Director and five embryologists of which two are senior embryologists and ESHRE accredited, Dr. Kamenetskaya with experience of 31 years and Dr. Muhina with experience of 24 years. The patient coordinator team is international and the staff speaks English fluently.

AVA-Peter is ISO 9001:2008 accredited and has received awards of American Society for Reproductive medicine in 2016 and 2017.


AVA-Peter Treatments

The clinic offers the following infertility treatments:

  • IVF with ICSI
  • donor eggs
  • donor sperm
  • embryo donation
  • PGT
  • egg/sperm/embryo freezing.

If you wish to learn about the refund and guarantee programs offered by AVA-Peter, watch the webinar “IVF Refund and Guarantee Program Abroad – is it worth the hassle?” presented by dr. Diana Obidniak, Head of the International Cooperation Department at Scandinavia AVA-Peter fertility clinic in St. Petersburg.

Need to discuss a particular treatment? Contact AVA-Peter

AVA-Peter Success Rates 2018

The egg donation clinical success rates were 70.7% and for IVF it was 64% (with PGD) 59.1% (without PGD). The success rates per patient age are as outlined below:

  • for patients under 35 – 61.6% (without PGD)
  • 35-40 years old – 49.5%(without PGD)
  • over 40 years old – 30.6% (without PGD)
  • success rates with PGD for all ages 64%.

Frozen embryo clinical pregnancy rate at AVA-Peter is 53.6% (without PGD) and 66.2% (with PGD). For cycles with embryo donation, the clinical pregnancy rate was 69.7%.

The preferred embryo transfer day for specialists at AVA-Peter is Day 5. The average number of embryos transferred is 1.3 so, in consequence, the multiple birth rate is 19.6%.

Want to find out more about success rates? Contact AVA-Peter


Cost of treatment 2019

Egg Donation

The clinic offers egg donation treatment at the price of  EUR7,290. This program includes:

  • oocyte donation (at least 15 fresh eggs),
  • ovarian stimulation,
  • fertilization,
  • embryo cultivation (ICSI/IVF),
  • embryo transfer.

The cost of the first consultation is EUR120. If you need to have your partner’s sperm frozen, the cost is EUR350. Vitrification (not slow freezing) will cost you EUR400. Frozen embryo transfers are EUR1,400 each.

IVF with own eggs

IVF with your own oocytes will cost you EUR2,490 at AVA-Peter. This includes ovarian stimulation, oocyte retrieval, fertilization, embryo cultivation and embryo transfer.

Need more information on IVF/egg donation costs?  Contact AVA-Peter

IVF lab at AVA-Peter

From the staff

AVA-Peter is the oldest clinic in Russia. Situated in the heart of Saint-Petersburg we help people from all over the world make their dream come true – have a baby. Using modern high-tech equipment, our highly qualified doctors will solve any problem. Acting with honesty, compassion and kindness we do our best to help you have healthy baby safe and quick.

Who attends?

The patients who visit the clinic come from various European countries and outside of Europe. 70% of them are Chinese and the other 30% of patients come from the UK, Italy, Germany, Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Switzerland.

AVA-Peter building

Clinic Location

AVA-Peter is located in the city centre of Saint-Petersburg, Russia, at Nevsky Prospect 22-24. It takes not more than 3 minutes to get there from the nearest subway station. The clinic can arrange free airport pickup for patients. In the summertime, patients can benefit from hotel discounts (from $100) and during winter discounts from $65.

Center map
Get Directions
By Dorothy Walas

Basic information about treatment restrictions at Scandinavia AVA-Peter.

Maximum age of the woman:51
Single woman: allowed
Lesbian couples: allowed
HIV positive patients: allowed
HCV/HBV positive patients: allowed

Use the form below to contact AVA-Peter if you need some more information on IVF costs, success rates, clinic experience or anything else. There's no commitment.

Clinic logo Trusted clinic