Centro de Fertilidad Barcelona was born in November 2021 with the goal of transforming patient care in the fertility sector. Their philosophy is focused on patients being able to live the experience of creating a family in the most comfortable environment possible. Their team is seeking excellence in treatments through coherent and ethical assisted reproduction. What is interesting, the Barcelona clinic began as an outpatient clinic in the Sagrada Familia Clinic. The increase in the number of patients necessitated their relocation, and they now share facilities with another fertility clinic. This arrangement, driven by a commitment to patient well-being, enables them to seamlessly continue their operations, complete with access to a well-equipped laboratory and operating room. In 2022, Centro de Fertilidad in Barcelona successfully concluded 36 IVF cycles, while their sister clinic in Bilbao completed 26 cycles. This number continues to rise as more patients choose to visit the clinics each month.
The entire clinic in Barcelona has been designed to accommodate patients with reduced mobility. It includes a dedicated room for blood extractions and analysis, two separate laboratories — one for andrology and the other for in vitro fertilization — and a cryopreservation facility. Additionally, the clinic offers four rooms for semen sample collection, three gynecology consulting rooms, one andrology consulting room, and three private recovery rooms.
Centro de Fertilidad Medical Team
Leading the clinic is Dr. Guillerme Gauthier, the Medical Director, whose extensive experience in IVF speaks volumes. He completed his Medical and Surgical degree in 1985, followed by a specialization in gynecology and obstetrics in 1990. Dr. Gauthier also holds a Master’s degree in Assisted Reproduction since 2015, showcasing his dedication to advancing fertility treatments and ensuring professional excellence at Centro de Fertilidad.
The team at Centro de Fertilidad includes three biologists specializing in IVF, two laboratory technicians, and three biologists dedicated to andrology. The clinic boasts a seasoned senior embryologist, armed with 6 years of experience, who holds accreditation from ASEBIR. ASEBIR, the Spanish Association for the Study of Reproductive Biology, ensures that the embryologist upholds the highest standards of excellence in IVF procedures, offering the patients the assurance of top-tier expertise and care. Please note that Centro de Fertilidad shares laboratory staff and physical space with another fertility center, so it allows them to enhance their resources and expertise. Their entire team is proficient in English, and they have an international translation team readily available at the clinic when needed.
Centro de Fertilidad Patient Care
At Centro de Fertilidad, they will be there for you every step of the way, providing personalized telephone and WhatsApp support during your treatment journey. They understand the importance of clear communication between you and your doctor, as it forms the foundation of trust — something truly essential in your fertility journey.
Centro de Fertilidad — Bilbao
You should know that Centro de Fertilidad is a family clinic with two locations. The main clinic, as described above is located in Barcelona. The other one is in Bilbao (the Moyúa area). While the Bilbao clinic was established in June 2022, their medical team brings a wealth of experience in gynecology and addressing infertility in both men and women. They work with different specialists: andrologists, geneticists, biologists, psychologists, nutritionists, and nurses with the intention of being able to approach your treatment in an integral way, looking for the best way to reach your final goal: having a healthy baby. In 2022, our Bilbao clinic completed 88 IVF cycles, with 26% using the patient’s own eggs and 5% involving donor eggs.
The clinic in Bilbao is located in its own building, with its own operating room and IVF laboratory divided into three zones, one for andrology, the other for in vitro fertilisation and the cryopreservation room. They have a blood extraction room for analyses and three comfortable consulting rooms connected to examination rooms. This allows for integrated consultation and examination during a single visit. There are also two recovery single rooms available for patients after embryo transfer or minor procedures.
Centro Fertilidad team is dedicated to providing accessible care for patients with reduced mobility. Their recent changes emphasize the importance of creating an inclusive space so everyone can receive the health services they need and deserve. Therefore, the entire clinic is adapted for patients with reduced mobility. The Biblabo clinic also holds ISO 9001:2015.
Centro de Fertilidad IVF Treatment Options
At Centro de Fertilidad, they offer a range of fertility treatments and procedures, including:
- IUI (intrauterine insemination) and AID (artificial insemination with donor)
- Egg donation
- Sperm donation
- Double donation (where donor eggs and donor semen are used)
- Embryo donation
- Egg/embryo/semen freezing
- PGT-A, PGD
- Assisted Hatching
- ROPA (Reciprocal IVF)
- Fertility preservation (social freezing or freezing oocytes before cancer treatment).
Also, various procedures for male factor infertility are available:
- seminogram (also known as spermiogram) that provides us with information on the number and characteristics of spermatozoa in the ejaculate (their morphology and mobility)
- seminogram FISH (fluorescent in situ hybdridsation) where five chromosomes are usually analysed: the X and Y sex chromosomes and chromosomes 13, 18, and 21. To cater to the patient’s medical needs, this analysis can be extended to cover other chromosomes.
- REM seminogram
- Fertile Chip
Centro de Fertilidad IVF Costs
The first consultation at Centro de Fertilidad is free of charge.
- IUI (intrauterine insemination) – 850 Euros
- AID (artificial insemination with donor) – 1,650 Euros
IVF with Own Eggs
The clinic offers IVF treatment using own oocytes at the cost of 4,995 Euros. If you, additionally, opt for using donor sperm in this type of treatment, the cost goes up to 5,795 Euros (donor sperm costs 800 Euros). Such IVF package includes:
- Presential or online medical examinations that are required for treatment orientation
- Medical examinations for cycle planning and scheduling
- Ultrasound check and antral follicle count prior to treatment (an antral follicle count (AFC) is a measure of the number of small, fluid-filled sacs (antral follicles) in a woman’s ovaries. It’s important for fertility prognosis because it helps assess ovarian reserve and predict how a woman may respond to fertility treatments, guiding treatment planning and expectations)
- Semen analysis and evaluation
- Telephone and emergency assistance
- Ultrasound checks
- Estradiol/progesterone check
- Planning visits with a nurse
- Personalized follow-up by the medical team
- Oocyte extraction, operating room, anesthesia, and laboratory costs
- Egg fertilization and embryo culture to blastocyst stage
- Andrology laboratory costs
- Embryo transfer
- Pregnancy testing (blood test)
Medication and tests required prior to treatment are not included in the price. Vitrification of untransferred embryos presents an extra cost, however, it includes 1-year maintenance. The costs are:
- 1 embryo – 350 Euros
- 2 embryos – 500 Euros
- 3 embryos – 600 Euros
- 4 or more embryos – 750 Euros
- Maintenance from the 2nd year – 435 Euros.
Once the first embryo transfer is performed and in the case of having vitrified embryos/blastocysts, subsequent embryo transfers will have the following individual price of 1,640 Euros.
IVF with Donor Eggs
Centro de Fertilidad offers three programs where they guarantee :
- Total 1 Blastocyst for 7,440 Euros
- Total 2 Blastocysts for 8,790 Euros
- Total 3 Blastocysts for 10,045 Euros.
The programs include:
- Medical visits necessary for treatment orientation
- Medical visits for cycle planning and programming
- Ultrasound check-up + study of the results of analysis and seminogram
- Telephone and emergency attention
- Ultrasound controls
- Estradiol/progesterone control.
- Planning visits with the nurse
- Personalized follow-up by the medical team
- Donor selection
- Andrology laboratory costs
- Egg fertilization and blastocyst culture
- Embryo transfer
- Medical services
- Blood pregnancy test
- Two pregnancy control ultrasounds.
Medication for the patient is not included in the egg donation program cost. The costs of other popular IVF add-ons are:
- Embryo monitoring 400 Euros
- PGT-A 3,750 Euros – the study for the first six embryos (maintenance from the second year costs 435 Euros).
ROPA Method at Centro de Fertilidad
For female same-sex couples choosing reciprocal IVF at Centro de Fertilidad, the cost is 6,345 Euros.
Fertility Preservation at Centro de Fertilidad
If you intend to store your frozen eggs, semen, or embryos, take a moment to review the maintenance fees. The cost of freezing your partner’s sperm is 300 Euros (1-year maintenance is included). The clinic offers three different Fertility Preservation Packages:
- Preserve 1 for 1,995 Euros (1-year maintenance included)
- Preserve 4 for 2,900 Euros (4-year maintenance included)
- Preserve + for 4,495 Euros (2 cycles of preservation included, 4-year maintenance included)
There is an additional charge of 435 Euros for each additional year of maintenance.
The costs at the sister clinic, Centro de Fertilidad Bilbao, may slightly differ – please contact the clinic about the Bilbao pricing. Also, feel free to use our IVF Cost Calculator to help you understand IVF costs more.
If you have any questions about these packages, Contact Centro de Fertilidad
Centro de Fertilidad IVF Success Rates
The clinical pregnancy success rate for IVF with own eggs per embryo transfer in 2022 was 60% for the Barcelona clinic and 66.6% for the Bilbao clinic. If we look at the patient’s age, the success rates look as follows for the Bilbao clinic:
- Women under 35 years old – 60%
- Women aged 35-40 – 55%
- Women above 40 – 30%
The clinical pregnancy success rates for frozen embryo transfer were 50% for Barcelona and 33% for Bilbao. The clinic’s specialists recommend and practice transferring embryos at the blastocyst stage and they usually transfer one embryo only. All the success rates are submitted to SEF (Spanish Fertility Society) where they are audited.
Need more information on IVF success rates? Contact Centro de Fertilidad
From the staff
We want to be your assisted reproduction clinic of reference, making sure that you can live the experience of creating a family in a calm way, seeking excellence in treatments through a coherent and ethical assisted reproduction.
We work with different specialists: psychologists, nutritionists, geneticists, and gynecologists with the intention of being able to approach your treatment in an integral way, looking for the best way for the final goal: having a baby.
We have a team with more than 30 years of experience with Dr. Guillermo Gauthier as medical director. We are a family business that wants to change the way of doing assisted reproduction and we are always by side to our patients.
The majority of patients who come to the clinic are Spanish, but Centro de Fertilidad is fully equipped and welcomes international patients. Rest assured, all patients will receive exceptional care and support in English.
Centro de Fertilidad Location
Centro Fertilidad’s main clinic is located in Barcelona, at Gran Vía de les Corts Catalanes, 416B. From the airport, you can reach the clinic
- via metro L3 Plaza España Station
- by bus: 52, H12, N1, N2, N13, N14, N15, N16, N17, N18 and N28
- by bus from the airport: A1 or A2 (depending on which terminal you are arriving from).
If you opt to travel by car, you’ll find convenient on-street parking spaces in close proximity to the clinic.
The sister clinic in Bilbao is located at Colón de Larreátegui Kalea 47, 48011 Bilbao (Vizcaya). If you choose to visit this location, you can easily access the clinic from the airport via the metro (final destination: Moyua) or by taking bus route A3274. Bus stops include A2322, A2153, A3223, A3411, A2314, and A3414.
If you opt to travel to the Bilbao clinic by car or rental car, you’ll find on-street parking spaces near the clinic. The clinic does not offer airport pick-up as standard but they can certainly arrange airport pick-up for you on request.
Prior to reserving accommodation in Barcelona or Bilbao, consider reaching out to the clinic’s patient care team. They can provide you with local suggestions, guide you on hotels to steer clear of, and recommend trusted accommodations.