iVF Riga is located in the city centre of Riga, Latvia. It was founded in 2013. The clinic occupies two floors in a modern, renovated, comfortable building. All the necessary health protection and safety measures are undertaken at the clinic (mandatory pre-registration, wearing a mask by patients and staff, mandatory temperature checks for patients and staff, obligatory disinfection of surfaces after patients’ visits).
In 2020, iVF Riga performed 943 treatment cycles, of which 170 were egg donation cycles (the number of treatments is lower in 2020 due to the COVID-19 restrictions for foreign patients) and 773 were IVF with own eegs cycles. Usually, the clinic performs ~400-450 egg donation cycles and ~500-550 IVF with own eggs cycles per year.
At iVF Riga, there are three laboratories, four operation theatres, and five recovery rooms for patients (2 rooms are single and en suite, three rooms are 2-bed and 3-bed.) There is free Wi-Fi in all clinic rooms; TV and free coffee/tea/water for the patients; the clinic also offers special equipment for patients with special needs.
iVF Riga uses innovative technologies and unites medical areas under one roof. Patients can benefit from:
- infertility diagnosis/treatment Clinic,
- andrology/urology centre – the only andrology/urology centre in Latvia accredited by the European Academy of Andrology,
- Pregnancy Care Centre specializing in high-risk pregnancies,
- outpatient centre,
- the only private genetic centre in Latvia that performs PGT-A/PGT-M on-site, in a modern well-equipped laboratory. The centre provides in-depth genetic tests (infertility diagnosis and deals with complicated pregnancies/miscarriages, testing for hereditary tumours, lifestyle genetic tests),
- stem cell centre.
iVF Riga Medical Team
The iVF Riga CEO is Dr. Violeta Fodina, reproductive specialist, gynaecologist-obstetrician, specializing in infertility treatment and gynaecological endocrinology. She has graduated from the Latvian Medical Academy and obtained a doctor’s diploma. She specialised in gynecology and obstetrics at Riga Stradins University Postgraduate Faculty and St. Petersburg Postgraduate Medical Academy. For a long time, she managed one of the reproductive clinics in Riga. She completed her training in the field of reproductive medicine in Finland. Dr. Fodina proficient in all techniques of in vitro fertilization and achieves a large number of successful pregnancies. In her work she uses all possible innovative technologies, combining reproductive medicine and genetics; develops her own methods of treating complex cases of infertility.
Dr. Fodina is a Member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE), member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM). Member of the Latvian Association of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Member of the Baltic Fertility Society (BFS). Member of the Board of the Latvian Association of Reproductologists and Embryologists.
Dr. Fodina constantly continues her development and training; she is the founder and head of SIA Vivacell, graduated from the courses of the LU “Pharmacognosy”, “Pharmaceutical Chemistry”, “Technology of dosage forms.” Since 2018 she has been studying for a doctorate at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Latvia.
At iVF Riga, there are 5 reproductive specialists (excluding the medical director) and 5 embryologists. Andris Grunskis is a Senior Clinical Embryologist of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) obtained in 2017, as well as the laboratory specialist certificate obtained in 2013.
iVF Riga team speaks English, Latvian, and Russian. In some cases, patients can also benefit from the services of qualified translators.
iVF Riga Treatments
If you decide to have treatment at iVF Riga clinic in Latvia you can choose from the procedures below:
- donor eggs/sperm
- embryo donation
- Assisted Hatching
- Embryo/egg/sperm freezing
Need to find out more about a particular treatment? Contact iVF Riga
iVF Riga Costs 2020
The cost of IVF with donor eggs (either fresh or frozen donor eggs) at iVF Riga is EUR 7,150. The program includes:
- donor selection,
- donor examination and medication,
- donor hormonal stimulation,
- egg collection,
- fertilization by ICSI,
- blastocyst cultivation,
- embryo freezing,
The cost of embryo transfer is not included in the price of the above program and it is EUR 540 and the cost of a frozen embryo transfer cost is EUR 1,470.
The cost of the first consultation is EUR 175. The extended cultivation to blastocyst stage is EUR 530. Vitrification costs are as follows:
- sperm freezing – EUR 450.
- egg freezing during IVF cycle – EUR 390
- egg freezing – EUR 2,655
- embryo freezing (up to 5 cryotops) – EUR 450.
IVF/ICSI with own eggs
For IVF treatment with own eggs, iVF Riga offers ICSI treatment package for EUR 3,695 including anaesthesia, egg collection, fertilization by ICSI, embryo transfer on day 3. You can also have ICSI manipulation without embryo transfer (puncture + ICSI) for EUR 2,895.
iVF Riga also offers:
- Tandem treatment (using own and donor eggs in the donor cycle) with embryo transfer – EUR 9,430
- Tandem treatment without embryo transfer – EUR 8,890
- Embryo adoption (all-inclusive price) – EUR 4,030
- Embryo adoption + PGT-A (all-inclusive price) – EUR 4,520
- Insemination (IUI) – EUR 665
- Frozen embryo transfer (FET) – EUR 1,470
- Package: frozen embryo transfer (FET) + EmbryoGlue + embryo hatching – EUR 1,915
- Personalized medical service (includes analysis, infusion therapy (system), reproductive health specialist consultation before embryo
- transfer, patient coordinator consultation after embryo transfer) – EUR 350
- Donor sperm for IUI – EUR 690
- Donor sperm for ICSI – EUR 605
- Donor sperm with genetic screening (hereditary recessive disorders panel) – EUR 1,265.
If you have any questions about these programs Contact iVF Riga
iVF Riga Success Rates 2020
The egg donation clinical pregnancy success rate reported by the clinic is 76% for fresh donor eggs and 74% for frozen donor eggs. The IVF (with own eggs) clinical rate overall is 58%. The IVF clinical pregnancy success rate for different recipient’s ages looks as follows:
- under 35 years of age – 56%
- 35-40 years old – 54%
- over 40 years old – 44%.
If you are interested in frozen embryo transfer, the frozen embryo clinical pregnancy success rate is 57%. For donated embryos, the success rate is 73%.
At iVF Riga, the doctors recommend transferring the embryo at the blastocyst stage. The average number of embryos transferred is 1 so the multiple birth rate at the clinic is only 3%.
Need more information on IVF success rates at this clinic? Contact iVF Riga
From the staff
“There are no hopeless situations. The most important is to believe and act!” Dr. V. Fodina. At iVF Riga, we stand for:
- professional support
- high-quality result
- respect for science
- secure future
- the quality of human life.
Who attends the clinic?
Patients who visit iVF Riga come from Latvia (60%), Scandinavia (20%), the UK (10%) and other countries (10%).
iVF Riga is located in the city centre of Riga, the famous Art Nouveau area. The clinic building is easily accessible by public transport (backyard parking at Antonijas iela 16A). It is located only 11 km from the Riga Airport and 1.6 km from the Riga Passenger Port. The patients can use BalticTaxi from the airport, and the cost is approx. EUR30-35.
iVF Riga patients can also benefit from discounted accommodation at the hotels near the clinic (nearby AC Hotel by Marriott Riga – 8 min walk from Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija or 3 min walk from Hotel Valdemars Riga managed by Accor).