NewLife IVF Center is located in Thessaloniki in Greece. It was opened in 2010 and is a private facility. In 2021, it undertook 1,540 IVF treatment cycles of which 65% were IVF/ICSI cycles using own eggs and 35% were egg donation cycles. Newlife IVF Greece has been offering the full range of fertility investigations and treatments to both Greek and International patients successfully for over 10 years. The liberal Greek legislation high-quality care, the affordable and transparent costs, and the individualised approach that we offer lead to high success rates and maximum safety. The clinic has 3 separate laboratories: embryology, seminology, and cryobiology, and two theatres. It has 5 single recovery rooms with ensuite facilities. The clinic opened in 2010 and it was designed to ensure that the patient has minimal stress during treatment.
What is interesting to mention, since 2011, NewLife IVF Greece has been an OHSS-free clinic, ensuring the safety of the stimulated cycle patients.
Medical Team at NewLife IVF
The medical director is Dr. Dimitrios Dovas who trained in the UK for 4 years and obtained the Diploma in Family Planning from the London Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. He is a member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) and of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM). There are 3 fertility doctors (excluding the medical director) and 8 embryologists who are all ESHRE accredited. The most senior embryologist has 30 years of experience. The clinic has an International Team and external collaborators and all of the staff speak fluent English. NewLife IVF holds ISO accreditation ISO 9001:2015 and EN 15224:2017.
NewLife IVF Treatment Options
NewLife IVF Greece offers the following treatments to all international patients:
- IUI (intrauterine insemination) and AID (artificial insemination with donor)
- Egg donation
- Embryo donation (fresh eggs and donor sperm only)
- Donor sperm
- Assisted Hatching
- Sperm/egg freezing
- Embryo freezing
- Sperm sorting devices for DNA fragmentation.
Egg donors at NewLife undergo testing for infectious diseases Hepatitis B and C, HIV, and syphilis as required by law. In addition to these tests, NewLife IVF also ensures that their donors are put through further detailed investigations – medical and psychological – to ensure that the donors are suitable and comfortable with the donation process. Donor characteristics including hair and eye colour, skin tone, height and weight as well as blood group and some socio-economic information are available for recipients to know at the beginning of the donation process.
Need to discuss a particular treatment? Contact NewLife IVF Greece
NewLife IVF Greece Success Rates 2021
In 2021, the overall egg donation clinical pregnancy rate was 66.7%. The IVF with own eggs overall clinical pregnancy success rate was 57.3%. The success rates with own eggs per patient’s age was in 2021 as follows:
- women under 35 years old – 72.4%
- women aged 35-40 – 63.4%
- women above 40 years old – 37.1%.
The frozen embryo clinical pregnancy rate in 2021 was 58.8%. The embryo donation clinical pregnancy rate was 68.7% (the clinic only uses fresh donor eggs and donor sperm, not leftover embryos for embryo donation).
The clinic does not transfer more than 2 embryos at one transfer, thus all transfers in egg donation cycles are either single or double embryo transfers. The clinic performs only day 5 transfers in order to maximise success rates and in the vast majority of cases (80-85%) there are surplus embryos to freeze. The average number of embryos transferred in 2021 was 1.4 thus the multiple birth rate at the clinic for that year was 10.2%.
Need to find out more about IVF success rates? Contact NewLife IVF Greece
NewLife IVF Greece IVF Costs 2022
- IUI (intrauterine insemination) – 500 Euros.
- AID (artificial insemination with basic profile sperm donor) – 900 Euros.
IVF with own eggs
The advertised price of IVF with own oocytes is 3,500 Euros. This program includes:
- initial and follow-up consultations,
- treatment monitoring (blood tests and ultrasound scans) if performed at Newlife IVF Greece,
- sedation for the egg collection and egg collection process,
- intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI),
- extended culture up to the blastocyst stage,
- Assisting Hatching,
- embryo transfer,
- sperm cryopreservation as a backup or to minimize the time that the couple needs to be in Greece.
IVF with donor eggs
The egg donation programs at NewLife IVF Greece start at 6,000 Euros. It includes
- free initial and follow-up video consultations or scheduled appointments at the clinic,
- recruitment, screening, stimulation and egg collection of the donor’s oocytes,
- donor’s medications,
- all your treatment monitoring if performed in Greece,
- extended culture up to the blastocyst stage (day 5-6 embryos),
- assisted hatching if needed,
- sperm freezing,
- 1st embryo transfer (fresh or frozen).
The clinic offers two programs that guarantee blastocysts.
- Guarantee Egg Donation Package, €9,500*. The program guarantees 5 top-quality blastocysts. One IVF cycle is included.
- Guarantee Egg Donation Package + PGT-A for €12,500*. The program guarantees at least 1 euploid blastocyst with a minimum of 5 blastocysts biopsied. One IVF cycle is included.
* Price list is intended as a guide and is subject to change without prior notice. Cancellation policy restrictions as assigned under Newlife IVF Greece contract.
Social Freezing, Gamete and Embryo Freezing
Sperm freezing costs 200 Euros. The 1st year of frozen sperm storage is included in the price of freezing – the subsequent years incur a fee of 200 Euros.
If you are interested in social freezing/egg freezing, this procedure costs 2,250 Euros. The 1st year of storing frozen oocytes costs 300-600 Euros – the subsequent years of storing your eggs will cost you 200 Euros per year. Then, the frozen embryo transfer will cost you 1,400 Euros.
The cost of vitrification of surplus embryos and storage are as follows:
- 1-3 straws (containing up to 2 embryos each): 300 Euros
- 4-5 straws (containing up to 2 embryos each): 400 Euros
- 6- more (containing up to 2 embryos each): 500 Euros
- and 200 Euros annually after the 2nd year.
Testing for infectious diseases Hepatitis B and C, HIV, and syphilis is required of recipients and this will be extra unless these tests have already been carried out within the last 12 months. There is no embryo monitoring equipment currently.
PGT-A biopsy at NewLife IVF Greece costs 900 Euros + 230 Euros per embryo that is genetically analyzed.
Need to find out more about IVF costs? Contact NewLife IVF Greece
In 2021, the majority of people attending the clinic for treatment came from Greece 57%, the UK 28%, the USA 5%, Serbia 5%, and the rest of the world 5%.
Find out more about egg and embryo donation in Greece: IVF laws, IVF costs, clinic regulations and egg donor screening in our guide IVF Greece.
From the staff
We all understand how difficult it is to pursue fertility treatment abroad and we believe that you should meet the very team that will treat you and have the opportunity to discuss and understand fully what we offer from the very first moment. For this reason, we offer a free medical consultation once we receive your medical notes. Once the type and protocol of treatment is decided our dedicated International team will support and guide you at every step of the way to minimize any concerns or stress you have about the whole process.
Our approach is such that we minimise any physical distance and make Newlife a home away from home as our philosophy is that our patient’s needs and wants are our priority and we will do anything medically and scientifically proven to make your dream come true.
NewLife IVF Center is located on the outskirts of Thessaloniki in Greece, 5 minutes driving distance from the airport and 20 minutes driving distance from the centre of the city. Thessaloniki is not a huge city and so it is possible to stay either in the outskirts or in the centre. The clinic has deals with many hotels, both in Thessaloniki and other cities.
Many budget airlines fly directly to Thessaloniki e.g. EasyJet, Ryanair, and also major airlines too e.g. British Airways. So travel should be straightforward and mostly inexpensive.