We’re really pleased to interview Dr Hana Visnova, MD, Ph.D. who is the Medical Director of IVF Cube in Prague. She speaks both German and English fluently.
- 2010 – present Medical Director of IVF Cube
- 2005–2010: Senior Consultant at IVF Zentren Prof. Zech – Pilsen, Czech Republic.
- 1998–2005: Lecturer at the Faculty of Medicine at Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic.
- 1994–2005: Consultant at Clinic for Gynaecology and Obstetrics at the Masaryk University Hospital, Brno, Czech Republic.
We take pride in individual approach to every patient, and pleasant and domestic environment. Every client is treated as a family, our best friend. There is only one assigned doctor to each patient. We have English speaking doctors, nurses, assigned coordinators, no waiting time. We can offer a large number of donors.
2) Which treatment in the last few years has made a real difference to success rates and why?
In assisted reproduction it is not about ground-breaking changes, it is rather about the details that can have major impact on the therapy outcome. We always strive to reach better and better results. Thanks to this the probability of success increases, as well as the number of succesfull therapies and care quality. For example, in the past we were only able to find out if the numbers of chromosomes match and which one is missing. Today, thanks to advanced technology we are able to examine single chromosomes, their looks, the vitality, structural changes. We are able to look closer to damages and how important those are. The chromosomal examination can increase the success of the entire treatment.
3) Why are overseas IVF clinics such as yours able to offer a lower price for fertility treatment? In the UK the price is much higher. Does a higher price mean better treatment?
In the Czech Republic there is generally lower price level, lower equipment price, rent, salary level etc., which in the end means total lower cost of treatment. There is also a great competition, it is reported that there are about 50 IVF clinics. That is why we have lower therapy cost. In terms of quality, patients often come to us after several unsuccessful attempts in their motherland. The expertise of Czech doctors is top-level. They are in high demand all around the world.
4) How are you able to make overseas patient feel at ease when they visit your clinic – what help do you provide?
There are several coordinators who will maintain friendly and empathic relationship with each of our patients. We can arrange accommodation, recommend a restaurant or an afternoon program for children. We always try to speak English to each other, even in the operation theatre.
5) How do you keep up with the latest developments in the assisted reproduction field?
At our clinic we offer a new method of selecting a suitable sperm, the so-called MACS. In this method, magnetically labeled nanoparticles added to the ejaculate are bound to the aging or damaged sperm and subsequently are caught by the magnet. Unmarked – healthy sperm passes through the magnetic field without any restrictions. These sperm are then used to fertilize the eggs. In addition, patients can use the MATCH + method if interested. This is a brand new, above-standard examination of the panel of 600 most commonly occurring genetic mutations, which is particularly useful in the treatment of an egg donor or a sperm donor. The examination ensures the maximum genetic compatibility of the egg donor / sperm donor with the recipient / partner.Additionally, several methods can be used, including EmbryoScope. It’s basically an incubator, a computer, a microscope and a camera system in one. To parents it allows on-line monitoring of the early days of their offspring’s development.
6) Prague is very beautiful – when is the best time to visit if patients want to have a break alongside their treatment?
Prague is beautiful in its everyday nature. Every corner of the city center of Prague breathes its history, each alley has its own story. Every year you can admire important landmarks, the blooming gardens of Prague Castle and other historical sites, palaces or the traditional Christmas markets in winter. It is said to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
If you want to find out more about IVF Cube you can contact them directly from the contact form of their profile.